Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Super, mega, ginormous to-do list...

I'm a list junkie, and now that I have thrown myself into the midst of developing a good inventory for my Etsy shop as well as digging into my gigantuan pile of personal projects, it was time to set some priorities and focus my goals for each month. Enter the super, mega, ginormous to-do list, on a super big wipe off board so I can clear it off and start it over the next month.

And I love, absolutely love, crossing things off my to-do list. Yes, yes, I admit that if I accomplish something during the day that's not on my to-do list, I will actually put it on my list just so I can cross it off. I know you're shaking your head, but that's my mini reward for getting things done. :)

And sorry, I totally forgot to take a picture before I started. Maybe I should add that to my to-do list...

But here it is, my monthly craft to-do list:

And don't you worry, I now have this thing completely covered with stuff! I just threw a few things on there for my pics. :) This was just a normal frame that I got for a whole $1.50 from the thrift store. It had an ugly picture of a pink leafy plant, and the frame was an equally unattractive pink. It's a hefty 20" by 20" frame.

This was a pretty simple project. I just took the frame apart and spray painted it silver (which, fyi, does not stay on very well on this metal frame; my friend suggested that using a primer may help). I took the ugly picture, flipped it around and hot glued the material over the back. I cleaned the glass and put the whole thing back together. Bam! Ginormous wipe off board. Love it! Fyi: not my idea. Check out this website for her version, which is excellent.

I also wanted to put on another project I did, which, because I didn't have my to-do list, also doesn't have a before pic. Now I won't have any excuses for the lack of pics...

My incredibly talented friend built herself a new headboard and was going to throw their old one away. Woohoo! Free headboard! I didn't think it was too bad looking, but my hubby thought it was pretty not good looking. So, enter some gorgeous chocolate brown suede and booyah!

I got two yards of fabric and it was perfect for our queen-sized headboard. I took the leg thingies off the back and laid the headboard face up on my bed.

I cut out pieces of quilt batting to provide some softness and some plump as well as hide the pattern in the headboard. Then I put my fabric, right-side down, on the floor and transferred my quilt batting down, then laid the headboard down on top of it.

I grabbed my staple gun, pulled the material tight and stapled it into the back of the headboard. I (well, really my husband) screwed the leg thingies back on, and there you go! Now if I could only get around to the matching pillows I've been wanting to work on...

I did the same thing with my son's headboard. Just a piece of heavy duty wood, covered in quilt batting and fabric stapled into the back. It was about a half-hour project. :)

I embellished Drew's bed with some baseball material that I zigzaged on with my sewing machine. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I want one of those dry erase boards so bad! It is beautiful!